1. It's completely hilarious. Example: '...I don't think I've ever been more aware of my teeth. I feel like a very nervous horse.' This is when our heroine, Kass, is meeting a boy she likes for the very first time.
2. It's got Simon Cowell in it. Book Simon is much better than Actual Real-life Simon.
3. Kass's little brother Raff is a particularly well-drawn character. I heart him a little bit.
4. When you're reading this book, you have no idea how it's going to end. This is RARE and AWESOME.
5. It deals with some pretty serious (and surprising) issues very sensitively. V. impressive.