Tuesday, November 22, 2011
One month to go
ONE MONTH TO GO TILL THE PUBLICATION OF TORN?! How the heck did that happen? Blimey. If you feel like pre-ordering a copy, you can do so here.
Guess what? I've given up on NaNoWriMo! I hit 34,000 words ahead of schedule, realized my story was very nearly finished and was not going to reach 50,000 and decided there were several other, more important things that I should really be spending the last few days of November doing. There's a possible-not-definite-very-exciting project on the horizon that has got me all kinds of distracted.
Writing 34,000 words in 18 days has taught me some things:
1. I could write a whole novel really quickly if I really, really wanted to.
2. I could not write a good novel really quickly no matter how much I really, really wanted to.
3. It's fun writing something just for myself. Creative freedom FTW.
4. Eating cornflakes for nearly every meal gets old after approximately 18 days.
5. Lots of writing = disgustingly messy house.
So what have you learned this month? Any startling revelations?