1. Tis Bank Holiday Monday on this fair isle, which makes me all kinds of happy.
2. RSI is still ouchy, which means I haven't been able to keep up with my blog-reading. This makes me UNhappy. If you've come across any blog posts I really REALLY shouldn't miss, please let me know.
3. I read Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien and discovered (much to my surprise) that he also wrote Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (awesome book I read in primary school). I also discovered tht Z was completed by O'Brien's wife and daughter after his death. Not sure how I'd feel about my family completing a book of mine. May have to start keeping detailed notes, just in case. But what if they get it WRONG?! I'll be most upset, albeit dead. Anyhoo, if you haven't read Z for Zachariah, check it out - Mr O'Brien et al did a very fine job indeed.
4. I did my first ever writing-in-a-cafe session this weekend. I wasn't convinced it would be for me, but I am a total convert. I LOVED it. There was ginger beer and fairy cakes and decent music and people to watch and a window to look out of. And, oh, nearly forgot, the flippin' Children's Laureate, Anthony Browne. Now that has to be some kind of sign, right?
5. I'm reading The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness. I have no words to describe how good it is. No words. Suffice to say, he makes me feel things that other writers just... don't.