Monday, August 24, 2009

The mysterious D

Yesterday I created a brand new character and I am VERY excited about him. He was entirely unexpected and I think he’s going to be just the ticket to move the story along to where it needs to go. I don’t know much about him yet other than what he looks like. And I know that he wears flip-flops a lot. Even in bad weather. In Scotland. I hope he has nice-looking feet (if such things even exist).

I’m not sure whether his name is quite right yet, but it’ll do for now. Let’s call him D, because that’s the letter his name starts with, and because he is a DEVICE. I intend to use him shamelessly and then probably discard him half way through the story. Good times!


Celebrity spot of the week: that Irish fella from
Cold Feet in Sainsbury’s, Herne Hill. He was also wearing flip-flops. Perhaps he was the inspiration for D?
YA book you really should read:
The House of the Scorpion, by Nancy Farmer

2 comments:

  1. Flip-flops in bad weather = aquaplaning across the pavement whilst emitting a high-pitched squeal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky there are no pavements in Scotland then!

    ReplyDelete