Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A whole heap of mean

After a LOT of faffing around yesterday and re-reading what I wrote aaaages ago on the WIP, I managed to write some more. About 2000 words, which maybe makes up for the 2000 words I cut from TFN at the weekend. But these are very different words. Well, some are the same. Like 'the' and 'a' and 'is'. But this story has a very different feel to the last one. It's lighter (despite some pretty dark subject matter) and more complicated (there's more people in it - people who have to do stuff and say stuff!). I'm enjoying it.

I had a bit of a realization as I was writing yesterday: I write MEAN teenage girls. They do utterly horrible things to each other. So I'd like to take the opportunity to apologize to any teenage girls out there who are not mean and don't want to read about mean. In the event that I get published, please do not buy a book written by me. You might not like it. (Everyone else should TOTALLY buy a book written by me. You might like it.)

Just to clarify: I like reading about mean people and writing about mean people. I do NOT like mean people. And I am not mean. Most of the time.


Song of the day: Hide and Seek, by Imogen Heap (She does good music to write to)

No comments:

Post a Comment