1. The subject matter. Boy in Witness Protection after witnessing knife crime? Brilliant.
2. The voice. Completely believable and sometimes almost shockingly honest.
3. The suspense. Wow, those chapter endings are GOOD. A couple even made me gasp (and not just in my head! A proper, audible intake of breath).
4. The running scenes. These really struck a chord with me, maybe because I run too.
5. Claire. Not saying why. Simply a great character.
I can't wait to read Almost True. I would like it to arrive on my doorstep NOW, please.